“This story, with all it’s rules and complications, has an ending that is unequivocally happy. There are babies and commitments and the bad guys get their just desserts. And, I think we have hope of more books to look forward to in this series. Xan’s elder beta brother needs love, as does his cad of a cousin. I love how all the characters in this book felt like real people, and how palpable their love, or their grief, felt. I’ve read omegaverse and mpreg stories before, but this is the first series where I’ve really craved the next book. ”
Grateful for this lovely review from Vs Reads! 😀
Hi there! Today I’m sharing a review and giveaway for a new dystopian-Omegaverse M/M romance from Leta Blake. I’m doing a mini-theme week for the next few days all about trios of love. Yep, menage-y fun. ALPHA HEAT is the second book in the Slow Heat series. It’s set in a post-female world where males of three genders have a highly-ordered society. I loved SLOW HEAT, the first book in the series and plan to share a review for that soon.
In the meantime, drop down to catch my review and enter the book giveaway!
About the book
A desperate young alpha. An older alpha with a hero complex. A forbidden love that can’t be denied.
Young Xan Heelies knows he can never have what he truly wants: a passionate romance and happy-ever-after with another alpha. It’s not only forbidden by the prevailing faith of the land, but such acts…
View original post 1,237 more words
Wonderful review of Alpha Heat! Thank you!
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Leta Blake’s Slow Heat was one of my favourite reads last year and this follow-up is going on the favourites shelf too.
It’s a passionate, complex tale which delves further into the fascinating non shifter Omegaverse world she’s created in this series and I couldn’t put it down.
Since finding about Xan’s “unnatural” desires in book one, and seeing the spark with him and Urho, I’ve been dying for Leta to finish this story.
It’s every thing I hoped it would be, powerfully emotionally, brilliantly complex, thrilling and full of the incredibly hot and sexy scenes Leta has such a talent for.
The heat level is off the chart, there’s some fabulous dirty talk, a bit of lustfully executed light BDSM, lots of talk of heat and alpha knotting and a fantastic love story between three very different men.
View original post 97 more words
“The audio is fantastic, and had me engaged throughout. I almost didn’t mind my commutes, knowing I’d spend more time with that textured voice relating Christopher and Jesse’s mutual heartbreaks and mutual passion. I cried, y’all!”
1) Announcing Random Shorts
2) What to expect in the next 60 Days (posted July 1)
1) Chapters 1 – 7 of of Will & Patrick’s Endless Honeymoon:
2) 52 Weeks of Song posts featuring songs that inspired Smoky Mountain Dreams:
3) Announcement about Will & Patrick Wake Up Married audiobook (it’s back on again!):
4) Yay Beach! A FewPhotos from Our Beach Trip
5) 52 Weeks of Song posts featuring songs that inspired Training Complex:
Everything above PLUS:
1) Training for Fireworks (a 4th of July story, Matty/Rob, Training Season):
Part 1: http://bit.ly/2tRXLSo
Part 2: http://bit.ly/2tRXS0g
2) Tracking what I’ve accomplished since sending Slow Heat to the editor in March:
3) Vacation post plus a ton of pics in the comments:
4) Sample Scene from the Christmas Book I’m drafting:
5) A few other short announcement posts about the timing of things and what to expect from Training for Fireworks.
Everything above PLUS:
1) Why I Write Flawed Characters: a post about what drives me to write characters like Matty and Nicky and Zach, etc.
2) Discussion of Training for Fireworks and how I’d have done it differently if preparing the story for publication outside of Patreon:
3) But That’s Not How It Works… a post about how my characters’ choices don’t feel like authorial choices to me, amongst other ramblings:
4) Extra Beach Pic:
5) Feeling Thrown: in which I talk about some upsetting news about a friend and how that changes my plans for the year:
6) Update on Feeling Thrown
And that basically recaps July! I’ve got more coming fore all in August! We’d love to have you join us! Come aboard! 😀
So happy with this wonderful review from Top2Bottom Reviews! Thank you!
The Difference Between, written under a new pen name reserved for darker or challenging themes, should be read with caution. Read the blurb carefully and the trigger warning at the start of the book as well. While this book isn’t an easy read, I do consider it one of my most romantic books and I’m proud to have it out there. The emails I’ve received from people who have been prompted to seek out help for their traumas after reading the book in order that they may live a more full life going forward have touched me and made me come to realize that while this was a scary thing to release, it was worth it in every way. Thank you to everyone who chooses to go on this journey and thank you to all who don’t as well. Only you know if this is a journey you want to take.
— Leta Blake
WHAT’S NEW, LETA?
1) Slow Heat! myBook.to/SlowHeat
2) Training Season audiobook! http://adbl.co/2qGrInD
3) Will &Patrick’s Endless Honeymoon on Patreon! http://bit.ly/2k45lcm
4) Will & Patrick in Kindle Unlimited! http://amzn.to/2qK9vtj
Let’s talk about Will & Patrick’s Endless Honeymoon. It will be available to $1+ patrons at my Patreon account as a thank you for their generosity and support. Without them, the Training Season audiobook wouldn’t have happened, and the Will & Patrick audiobooks wouldn’t be on their way.
In order to get access to this continuation of Will & Patrick’s story on June 9, 2017, you can join my Patreon with a $1 monthly pledge (or more). The story will be posted as a chapter a week and it will be unedited. Eventually, when I have the funds and time, I’ll pay for edits on the story and put it out on Amazon, but, for now, it will be available only to patrons for the foreseeable future.
Let’s talk about the Training Season audiobook! Narrated brilliantly by Michael Ferraiuolo, it is now available on iTunes, Audible, and Amazon. Over twelve hours of Matty goodness available for your ears! 😀
Check out this excerpt from Slow Heat along with a backlist giveaway! 😀
Spotlight on Slow Heat by Leta Blake with giveaway and excerpt.
Title: Slow Heat
Author: Leta Blake
Publisher: Leta Blake Books
Published: May 16, 2017
Word Count: 118,000
A lustful young alpha meets his match in an older omega with a past.
Professor Vale Aman has crafted a good life for himself. An unbonded omega in his mid-thirties, he’s long since given up hope that he’ll meet a compatible alpha, let alone his destined mate. He’s fulfilled by his career, his poetry, his cat, and his friends.
When Jason Sabel, a much younger alpha, imprints on Vale in a shocking and public way, longings are ignited that can’t be ignored. Fighting their strong sexual urges, Jason and Vale must agree to contract with each other before they can consummate their passion.
But for Vale, being with Jason means giving up his independence and placing his future in the hands…
View original post 1,628 more words